Follow these tips to stay safe and grounded. Let us know if you have any concerns.
Getting on the bus
- Be at the bus stop early. Arrive 5 mins prior to the bus stop time.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place away from the road.
- Never horse around at the bus stop while the bus is arriving to the stop.
- If you have to cross the road to get onto the school bus:
- Stay on the side of the road, away from traffic, until the bus stops and the drive signals you to cross.
- When the driver signals that it is safe to cross, you should check for traffic first.
- As you cross in front of the school bus, watch the driver. If you can see the driver, the driver can see you.
- Board the bus using the handrail.
- Move toward the rear of the bus quickly without crowding or pushing.
- Sit down, and stay seated.
Riding on the bus
- Observe classroom conduct.
- Be courteous and polite.
- Listen to the driver and follow their directions at all times.
- Do not fight, push or shove.
- Stay in your seat.
- Always keep your head, hands, and feet inside the bus.
- Do not eat or drink.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Never use tobacco products.
- Do not damage the bus or equipment.
Getting off the bus
- Stay seated until the bus stops.
- Do not push or crowd as you exit the bus.
- Use the handrails to avoid falling.
- Move ten feet away from the bus at once.
- If you have to cross the road to get home:
- Stay on the side of the road away from traffic and ten feet in front of the bus where you can see the driver's face.
- When the driver signals that it is safe to cross, cross to the outside edge of the bus and check both ways for traffic.
- Once off the bus, go straight home.
- Never run back to the bus for anything you left behind or dropped.
- Skis, cleats, roller or ice skates, skateboards, snowboards, skooters, etc.
- Eating and drinking
- Tobacco products, including e-cigarettes